Nearly everyday in the press or TV or on social media we hear that cry “Why should I pay my taxes to keep lazy scroungers in life on comfort, get a bloody job!” Well guess what those decrying benefit claimants are predominantly the ones claiming and the ones also using food banks and Housing Benefit/Council Tax/SMI (supported mortgage interest) to top up their low incomes because their wages are minimum at best.
Well I suggest the next time you bash claimants for having that big TV or Wi, Xbox, think again, because you are also one of those claimants. Many claimants had lives before unemployment struck them which afforded them such items, many had them before they became disabled and too ill to continue , and most of them also paid their taxes and still do pay stealth taxes like VAT except those born so severely disabled they need 24/7 care which is fine they shouldn’t be expected to help ,we should help them remain living independently.
It still shock me that people are so ill-informed, ignorant or gullible to swallow the rhetoric from both Tories and Lib Dems & Labour benches. It also annoys me those who blame immigrants for taking jobs etc which is total bullshit to turn groups of people against each other so we don’t keep an eye on the ball to how much our elected leaders take so much more of your hard-earned taxes to offshore in a bank account in Jersey or Cayman’s.
Seriously People need to wake the fuck up and get a grip of their bigoted views and selfish attitudes of ‘Im Alright Jack’ mentality. What about care ,compassion and some humanity for those not so fortunate, after all it can happen anytime to anyone. we are one pay packet away from losing a job in today’s climate, one accident from being so seriously disabled, and many who do take carers roles within the family unit are paid very little and save this country a fortune, selflessly giving up their hopes and dreams to care for their loved ones.
I have copied the following from Oliver James UK Blog the link is below
1) A TUC survey showed that people think around 41% of benefits go to the unemployed, the real figure is 2.6%. (1)
2) 42% of the Welfare Bill goes to pensioners, 21% goes to people in low paid work. (2)
3) Nearly 80% of JSA claimants stop claiming within 6 months. (3)
4) Of the 7.8 million families receiving child benefit, 1.2 million have more than two children. (4)
5) A TUC survey found that people think around 27% of welfare is lost to fraud – the real figure is only 0.7%, around £1.2 billion. (5)
6) Around £17 billion of benefits that people are entitled to goes unclaimed every year. (6)
7) Immigrants are 60% less likely to claim benefits than a British-born person. (7)
8) 64% of families receive benefits – that’s 20.3 million families. (8)
9) The UK spends 12% less on benefits per head than France does, and 19% less compared to Germany. (9)
So next time you feel superior and get indignant on how your taxes are spent think before you speak, because I’m sure when you do you will see the truth behind this governments rhetoric. Instead look at the messengers of hatred and their profit driven ideologies you will find that is where your hard-earned taxes are being wasted and stored.